Return to the Seasonal Produce Guide Nutrition Facts Panel for Rhubarb
Note: Only the stalks of the rhubarb plant can be safely eaten. Rhubarb leaves (cooked or raw) contain toxins that are poisonous.
When is Rhubarb In Season?
Find Recipes with Rhubarb
Learn About Rhubarb
- Rhubarb: Nutrition. Selection. Storage. Produce for Better Health Foundation.
- Vegetables and Fruits for Health: Rhubarb. University of Maine Cooperative Extension.
- Watch Your Garden Grow: Rhubarb. University of Illinois Extension.
- How to Can and Freeze Rhubarb. Penn State Extension.
- Canning Rhubarb - Stewed: Step-by-Step Directions. University of Minnesota Extension.
Teach About Rhubarb
- How to Nourish with Rhubarb (PDF|996KB). Utah State University.
- Food Kids Veggie Vibes: Rhubarb (PDF|1MB). Utah State University.
- Classroom Connections (PDF|741KB). Oregon Harvest for Schools.
- Focus on Fruits: Grades 2-3 (PDF|244KB). Iowa Nutrition Network.
- Rhubarb Handout (PDF|1.3MB). Montana State University Extension.