On this Page
Gardening can be a great way to grow food. SNAP can be used to purchase food seeds. This gives people an option to increase the fruits and vegetables that are available to them. You can find resources related to gardening in the SNAP-Ed Library.
SNAP-Ed in the Garden
- Gardening Curriculum for Adults - Energize Your Life: Gardening for a Healthier You (PDF, 53.2MB) SNAP-Ed. Washington State University Extension.
- Herbs are Easy and Cheap to Grow at Home. SNAP-Ed. California Department of Social Services. CalFresh. EatFresh.
- Toolkit for SNAP Participants. SNAP Gardens.
- Maryland School Gardens - Overview and Curriculum SNAP-Ed. University of Maryland Extension.
- How to Transplant Vegetables Wherever you Live. SNAP-Ed. ONIE Project.
- Growing Your Own Herbs Indoors. SNAP-Ed. ONIE Project.
- Fresh From the Garden Lessons. SNAP-Ed. University of California CalFresh.
- Grow to Learn. University of Florida. Florida Nutrition Program.
- The Demo Garden Blog. Kansas State Research and Extension.
- Nutrition to Grow on. California Department of Education.