PEARS will be the new SNAP-Ed national electronic reporting system!
FNS has purchased a national license to use Kansas State University’s Program Evaluation and Reporting System (PEARS) for SNAP-Ed reporting going forward!
Here are some important things to note:
- Funding provisions included in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 were used for this purchase.
- The national license will allow all States and implementing agencies free access to PEARS for annual plans and reports, regardless of SNAP-Ed funding levels.
- Kansas State University’s PEARS team will work collaboratively with FNS to roll out the system along with new annual plan and report forms currently in development.
- State and implementing agencies that prefer other reporting systems are welcome to continue using those systems for non-Federal data reporting needs.
- No changes to annual plans or reports are anticipated through FY 2022
- States should submit FY 2021 and FY 2022 annual plans, reports, and Education and Administrative Reporting System (EARS) data as they have in previous years.
- FNS will communicate next steps and updates to timelines as soon as these become available. State agencies with questions should contact their Regional Office representatives.
- FNS recognizes the importance of nutrition security as a vital component to strengthen local communities and ensure SNAP participants have opportunities to live healthy and active lifestyles. Collecting data to evaluate SNAP-Ed program implementation, outcomes, and impacts helps us better serve low-income individuals and communities, increase nutrition security, and ultimately improve the health of SNAP participants.
We thank SNAP State agencies for their patience and flexibility as we move forward with updating SNAP-Ed data reporting practices.