Make this delicious and creamy cheesecake full of fall spice flavor for your next holiday celebration.
Makes 14 servings.
1 cup gingersnaps (finely crumbed, or graham crackers)
3 tablespoons butter (unsalted, melted)
8 ounces cream cheese (light, softened)
1 cup sweet potatoes (mashed, peeled and cooked)
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon orange peel (finely shredded)
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 egg whites
1 cup milk (evaporated, reduced fat 2%)
- Combine crumbs and butter. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of an 8 inch spring form pan. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sweet potatoes, egg white, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, orange peel and the vanilla until combined. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
- Stir in milk. Carefully pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes until center appears set.
- Cool on wire rack for 45 minutes. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with dessert topping and orange peel.
For nutrition information, please visit Sweet Potato Cheesecake at USDA’s MyPlate Kitchen.