This Action Packet is one in a series of six. It is designed to help promote physical activity and community health through trail development and use of safe routes for walking and biking. The Action Packet provides guidelines for creating the partnerships needed to make your trail projects succeed. Packet resources include background information, real examples, action steps, presentation materials, resources, and support materials.
Establishing new trails can help encourage communities to be more physically active. This action packet outlines six steps to champion the cause, outline the course, create an evaluation with measurable outcomes and implement a plan. It takes you step by step through the process of creating trails for walking and biking, and includes resources for every step of the way. Some resources are specific to Maine, but most can be accessed and benefited from around the country.
Other action packets:
- Create Environments that Increase Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Develop Policies that Support Healthy Options in Vending Machines
- Develop Policies that Support Healthy Eating at Group Events
- Enhanced Access to Places for Physical Activity
- Using Social Support Networks to Increase Physical Activity