Identifies 28 best practices in nutrition education within five domains.
Domains and best practices are as follows:
- Program design: content areas, evidence-based, goal setting, appropriate for audience, literacy considerations, theoretical base, goals and objectives, social ecological mode.
- Program delivery: learning styles, experiential activities, contacts, fidelity, enhancement items, collaboration.
- Educator characteristics: relate to the target audience, expertise in content, expertise in teaching methods, performance expectations.
- Educator training: initial training, ongoing training, observation of educators.
- Evaluation: formative evaluation, process evaluation, outcome evaluation, impact assessment, sustained behavior change, goals and objectives, social ecological model.